Thursday, January 1, 2009

Child's health concerns in unhealthy living environment


Child's health concerns in unhealthy living environment?
I am concerned about the health and safety of a house my son stays at. Since visiting his mother he has developed asthma, coughing, runny nose, sore throat and ear aches. He has since been prescribed an asthma inhaler, Zyrtec, Singulair, and Benedryl. He is 5 years old and was perfectly healthy before he started going over there. The home has a reputation of uncleanliness, uncleaned animal waste, trash, moldy damp environment, smoking, and poor plumbing. My son is with me a large percent of the time but he does visit her on the weekends. Is there anything I can do? The smoking is really the main cause of his problems however I am sure all of it has a contributing factor to his health problems. I am very concerned and do not know what route to go. I am meeting his mother tomorrow for mediation and this is certainly going to be brought up. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Respiratory Diseases - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Lay it out there like you have here. You sound rational, calm, and non-judgmental, but definitely concerned. That demeanor will impress a mediator. The important thing is to remain more...adult... than the mother, less emotional. good luck. you sound like a great father!




Read more discussions :