Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I have an ex wife who takes care of our handicapped child 24/7. how can I insured her (Health insurance)


I have an ex wife who takes care of our handicapped child 24/7. how can I insured her (Health insurance)?
My son is mentally handicapped and needs care 24/7, he has health insurance through me, but his mother doesn't and she needs medical attention from time to time. How can I insured her? Can i make her my dependent? Can I adopt her since I'm supoorting her 100% financially? She doesn't work offcourse, because she can't and because or son's dissability and care.
Insurance - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Look into a health insurance policy not provided by a work place, it'll probably cost you a bit though.
2 :
It is nice that you want to help your ex. Are you divorced or just separated?
3 :
Because she is not your legal dependent or your spouse, the only way to get her on your group coverage is via a court order, unless your employer (that you have the benefits through), is willing to add her (again, they probably won't agree to it with out a court order, because it would make the insurance usage go up).
4 :
If you go back to court, the judge can order that you keep her on your health insurance policy at work. That's the only way that any major carrier, or small carrier can accept her. Since you are divorced, you have no fiduciary interest in her, according to the law and have no right to insure her with either health or life insurance. The only option that you have is if your wife takes you back to court to sue you for more child support and ask for the medical for both her and the son.




 Read more discussions :