Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Will the health dept let you selectively vaccinate


Will the health dept let you selectively vaccinate?
I live in WV and can only get a medical exemption to legally send my kids to school. I want to only vaccinate for the ones that are necessary to enter school. If I take my child to the health dept. can I choose what vaccines she recieves? Or do I need a dr.s order?
Infectious Diseases - 3 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
WV only allows for medicial exemptions? Darn, I like West Virginia otherwise.... :-( I would think the HD should give only the vaccinations that you are requesting. Call them and ask. I assume you already know which ones the school requires? (darn near all of them?)
2 :
Yes, they will let you vaccinate for only the ones required for school. And you've probably already thought of this, but you can delay the first vaccines until at least 3 years old, and still have time to get them all done before kindergarten.
3 :
Why would you not vaccinate? Is there a medical issue at hand? Vaccines save lives. Plain and simple. And you can read up at http:factsnotfantasy.com/vaccines.php for a point by point rebuttal to most of the lies told by the anti-vax pro-disease crowd.





Read more discussions :