Saturday, July 24, 2010

Are there any good health insurances out there for me and my children, that won't cost an arm and a leg


Are there any good health insurances out there for me and my children, that won't cost an arm and a leg?
I live in NYC and I recently resigned from my previous job to be an independent contractor and now my children and I have no health insurance. What are the best insurance plans out there for someone in NYC, with low monthly cost? 
Insurance - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Probably one that offers a health savings plan. The premiums are lower but the deductibles are high. The point is that you should put money into this savings account that you can later apply to your out of pocket or deductible. This money belongs to you and is tax deductible.
2 :
No, there aren't. With health insurance, you get what you pay for. For $150 a month, you can subscribe to a "discount plan", which most providers don't take, and which still leave you with hefty insurance bills if something big goes wrong. A family plan IS going to cost $800 to $1200 a month, for decent coverage. That's what it costs. Anybody offering you REAL health insurance at less than $200 a head, is scamming you. Or, the plan has a $5,000 deductible.
3 :
You can check out this site - http://www.premierhealthcaresavings.com/196593/ Hope it helps.





Read more discussions :