Monday, August 1, 2011

Anyone else in the situation of wanting a child but not being healthy enough to go through pregnancy and birth


Anyone else in the situation of wanting a child but not being healthy enough to go through pregnancy and birth
My daughter has just turned 13, and I would very much love to have another child, but due to health issues that's just not in my future...and it makes me extremely sad. Has anyone else experienced this?
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes. but i am trusting God to make me the best mom to the one i have and to make him the best person he can be. And when i go there-I realise that one is enough. I am lucky to have him.
2 :
Well I was told I wouldn't be able to have any more due to extensive back and nerve/nervous system injuries and a kidney issue, so the last time I got pregnant was quite a surprise. I was thrilled but also swore it was the last one, which, since my doctors were so surprised I even got pregnant in the first place, made sense. As it turned out, I put so much energy into getting as healthy as possible during that last pregnancy that I'm now expecting another "last one" :). It's a challenge, but I'm grateful to be able to undertake it. I understand your feelings, there is a sense of mourning when a woman loses the option of childbearing, and that is part of my own gratitude for my babies. It's being forced to give up an option that is a natural part of womanhood. If it doesn't resolve, perhaps adoption would be an option, if the health concern affects your fertility but not your overall health to a huge extent? There are so many children who need loving, mature homes...I get the impression you'd be perfect for at least one of those children, especially being in a position where you appreciate what a gift it is to be able to have a child and have the love that you want to give. I'm sorry you're sad, I'm almost feeling guilty for my own surprise babies right now...





  Read more discussions :