Friday, October 24, 2008

need health insurance for my child


need health insurance for my child
I have a child who lives with his mom and I need to buy health insurance for him, Im also moving o/s so I cannot get insurance though my work, does anyone know of any programs or discount insurance company I can go though.
Other - General Health Care - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Many states have special programs for children... New York has Child Health, etc. Adult programs are income based, but usually children are accepted without such criteria. Check with welfare or social agencies in your jurisdiction. There are many discount clubs out there, but not all are great, and not all have such great discounts. Some are pretty expensive. regulation is getting stiffer, so shop around carefully if you decide to go that route... and double check with BBB and the Attorney General's complaint line in your area BEFORE you commit.
2 :
I think every state has something similar, I believe it's called Child Health plus. I found out about it through my daughters school. I think if you call your states social services department they can give you a number. They are pretty good about that kinda stuff, they can also point people in the right direction for help with daycare costs and possibly even food stamps. Good Luck.
3 :
Depending on his mother's income, it is pretty easy in some states to get state-sponsored children's health insurance (see cms SCHIP below). Fortunately, private policies for children are also pretty cheap. eHealthinsurance.com looks like a typical commercial site, but really gives a lot of information about available policies. Look closely at copays, deductibles and coverage details! Make sure the insurance covers high-dollar catastrophic care. Some policies have a payment cap that could kick him off the policy just when he needs it most.
4 :
Call the child's local health department. They can get you in touch with insurance programs for children.
5 :
Hi Sara I'm a Independent Business Owner and I would love to help you out if you would go to my site www.mybenefitsplus.com/dstennis I have some real affordable health benefits for your child all of my benefits cover the whole household and where the #1 discount dental and medical program in the nationwide so there no paperwork involved no age limits no middle man I'm sure you will agree if you have any questions my toll free number is on my site just select contact



 Read more discussions :