Sunday, November 1, 2009

For women who were over 37 when they had a child (or children), were you worried about the baby's health


For women who were over 37 when they had a child (or children), were you worried about the baby's health?
We had our first when I was 35. We want to start trying soon (which would make me 37 when we have our second). However, my husband and I have suffered financially in this economy and I want to wait. My husband is concerned with waiting too long as the chance of Downs and other conditions increase as the mother's age increases. So, were you overly concerned by having a baby over the age of 37? Any health complications for you or the baby? Thank you!
Pregnancy - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My mom was 39 when she had me and 37 when she had my sister. But she was healthy and not on any type of medication. We were both healthy with no problems at all. The chance of having a baby with Downs does increase the older the mom is but if I were you I would go ahead and do what you feel is right. Personally if I were in your situation I would have a second baby. Good Luck




 Read more discussions :