Friday, October 16, 2009

Would you trust your child's health care with Obamacare


Would you trust your child's health care with Obamacare?
me: HELL NO
Law & Ethics - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No. The idea that bureaucrats in Washington would (even with the help of doctor) be setting protocols for acceptable tests and care is what turned me away from it more than anything else. I don't even mind paying a higher tax or a higher premium if necessary,but I want my doctor to have total freedom to do what he believes to be best when it comes to me, my kids, or my grand-kids, without being concerned about what is covered and what is not. Even now, when he recommends what is going to be an expensive test (like MRI or Cat-scan for example), he is always cautious about what my Medicare will or will not pay. As it is, I have a supplemental policy that costs me another 96 dollars a month to cover most of what Medicare does not cover. I feel truly sorry for those who have nothing but Medicare alone...and I doubt very much if another government health care plan would do any better for the rest of the country.
2 :
You: Not thinking clearly. The current system of health care is horrific. People cannot afford overpriced insurance, or they can afford it but can't GET it because of a pre-existing condition, or they have it and they LOSE it because they get sick and start costing the insurance company money instead of making them a profit. Over 25% of all health costs are insurance company profits. Why? Why would you WANT to pay an insurance company for the right to get health care? Are you insane? You don't seem insane, and yet here you are willing to bleed out your life's savings into the bank accounts of insurance companies. Would I trust my child's health care in some kind of national system? Abso-freaking-lutely. And with all the extra money I'd have, I could make certain that child got whatever care they needed regardless of the circumstances. But don't listen to all the experts. I mean, why start now? Knock yourself out. Pay and pay and pay and then find your health insurance taken away as soon as you have a health crisis. Would you trust your child's health care to an insurance company executive? Apparently you would. Good luck with that, and sorry about your child's future.
3 :
Obama is not a doctor and, therefore, will not be providing the care. I would trust my child's health care to a doctor, which is the same thing I am doing right now.
4 :
Would it realy be that different then trusting them with CHIP? I don't have a child. If I had one though and they had CHIP then I don't see what the big difference would be. That would be like being on Medicaid and saying you are against it. It would simply be extending the benefits you have to others from how the Govt tries to talk. What I don't get is what you think Obamacare will be. Since NO ONE KNOWS.




Read more discussions :