Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How will the health care reform effect child support


How will the health care reform effect child support?
I haven't found, or really don't how to to look for answers on what the the new health care reform involves. My issue is that I'm a divorced dad that pays out the wazoo for awesome health care for my kids, court ordered for health and dental. Once this new reform is instilled, would I still be responsible for mandatory health care for my children? I'm not a deadbeat so I do pay, and in all honesty I don't really care, their my kids and I want them to be healthy. I'm worried that they will be thrown into a pool of crappy health care and won't be able to get to the doctor same day. To answer a couple of questions. As to show that I'm sincerely not concerned about benefits of this reform. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield dental and health. I have Aflac for life insurance with Gieco auto. My company pays for it, so there's no out of pocket expense. Just wanted to find out some details.
Government - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In my case, (I pay health care for my child), I pay the insurance company and the amount I pay gets reported to CS and I pay less child support. i would imagine it will stay the same
2 :
no change dude.
3 :
Im not really sure of the answer but Im afraid of the same thing too. My hubby said that there arnt enough doctors to support this plan so when the kids do need to go to the doc they will have to wait much longer and the docs will be more rushed and not as personal. I haven't been following it... he has, so that's all I know. Just thought I would share that much with you.
4 :
I think that should be the least of your worries. Are you worried that you're going to lose your "awesome" health care? Why would that happen? You're the only person I've seen on here that describes their healthcare as "awesome" EDIT- Then you better hope like hell you don't get laid off.
5 :
What you really want to no is can you get free health care for your kids now. That way it would add a little extra income to your pocket. That is what you really mean. But I can't see them giving anything a way free to somebody that works for a living.
6 :
Child support has already been effected by other legislation, so health care reform cannot possibly effect it without the other legislation first stopping child support. Or do you mean "affect"? Education reform would be a great thing.




Read more discussions :