Saturday, August 28, 2010

I want to have a child of my own without traumatizing my child? I'm a lesbian


I want to have a child of my own without traumatizing my child? I'm a lesbian?
I rephrased the question better. I knew about artificial insemination but I'm not sure that's healthy for my child's mental health. What do I tell her when she's older? I really love children, but I'm not sure this is all too healthy.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered - 7 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
YEAH IT IS YOU
2 :
How is artificial insemination harmful to your child's health or mental health in any way? What do you tell him/her when s/he's older? Nothing! Why would you bring it up? If s/he asks, be honest. All your child will care about is that you love him/her. They won't care how they're conceived. They just want to feel protected, loved and wanted. Do you think they would become depressed or feel less wanted because you conceived through artificial insemination? They wouldn't care! Love is love. You can't define it based on how someone is conceived - if that's the case...then holy crap there should be a lot of messed up, depressed, mentally disturbed kids out there when they find out they've been given up for adoption or they were conceived through a one night stand etc.
3 :
What about actual insemination? Does the thought of being with a man, in order to conceive a child, not appeal to you? Just a thought since you have some misconceptions about artificial insemination. Good luck but I agree - the love you show to your child is much more important than how you came about having him/her.
4 :
I think I know where you're going with this , but I'm kinda still confused..Are you saying that you're afraid of the questions they're gonna ask when they know, biologically, you're their mother but your partner/their other mom, unless you're planning on the single mom route, is not? Or what you're going to tell them when they wonder where daddy is?
5 :
Tell the truth. This is the only answer.
6 :
Hun, you will be fine, if you want a child, have one, it's easy. Look at the millions of children raised by single mothers, especially nowadays. Your child will be blessed to have 2 MOTHERS!!! She will be loved... Please do what makes you happy! Of course they won't be traumatized. You could also adopt? Lots of poor unfortunate kids need homes. Or do you want a biological child?
7 :
Insemination cannot harm your child. So, don't worry about that. The American Psychological Association did some research about same-sex couple having children: Can lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals be good parents? Yes. Studies comparing groups of children raised by homosexual and by heterosexual parents find no developmental differences between the two groups of children in four critical areas: their intelligence, psychological adjustment, social adjustment, and popularity with friends. It is also important to realize that a parent's sexual orientation does not indicate their children's. Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals or bisexuals molest children at a higher rate than heterosexuals. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx Hope this helps!





 Read more discussions :