Monday, March 12, 2012

Can I get health insurance only for my young children


Can I get health insurance only for my young children?
Their dad and I already have insurance elsewhere that works for us, but it's too expensive to add the children (we work for small companies), so we want to buy separate health insurance for them. Can one do that, or does there always have to be a parent on the insurance plan?
Parenting - 7 Answers
 

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes you can buy health Ins that way.
2 :
You should be able to get it just for them, im glad your trying to get it for them you never know when u might need it
3 :
Well of course you can it is offered in every state!!
4 :
Depends on where you live. In Illinios you could. We have a state wide child health insurance plan. I think it's called Healthy Kids or possibilely Kid Care.You would have to check with your local government to find out if this is avalible to you.
5 :
no you can get your child there own. just shop around. you can call the local health department they might have a list of different health insurances.
6 :
Here http://wiz.sc/Ifp4G2 is an article i found on health insurance with information and tips etc. Hope it helps.
7 :
We did that with our daughter. My husband and I each had a policy through our work and it was outrageous to add her, so we got her her own policy through blue cross blue shield. Worked well for us, it was affordable as well, and a parent was NOT required to be on the policy.




Read more discussions :