Monday, July 16, 2012

a friend of mine is divorced and is paying child support and health insurance on 4 children


a friend of mine is divorced and is paying child support and health insurance on 4 children?
and trying to survive on his own by paying rent, utilites, food, car payment and car insurnace and is having a hard time doing so....he has tried to seek some sort of legal advice through legal aid , but they have said he makes too much money to help him......when he was divorced he had a different job ...made more money due to overtime..now has new job that does not pay overtime, but he makes pretty good money , just not enough to survive on his own....does anyone have any advice to where he could seek help in order for him to survive on his own...as in legal advice that would not cost him anything or not much at all
Law & Ethics - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There really isn't anything he can do, except rearrange his budget. It's not the answer he or you may be looking for, but that's the first step. I too pay child support and health insurance for my son, and I don't have the money for a newer vehicle or many other things, but my wife and do the best we can. It's not fair, but that's life. Does he have an attorney? Perhaps he can consult with his attorney to find a way to make things easier for him. Best of luck.
2 :
Since he is working a new job making less money about the only thing he can do is go back to court and get his child support reduced (but I believe he has to be a new job for over 1 year). Sorry, not much help.
3 :
I feel for ya. I went through that for 20 years due to two failed marriages. I hated being constantly broke, but I kept reminding myself it was for my children. Children come first, always. ============ Life is so simple, but we insist on making it complicated Confucius 551 - 479 BC ============ Peace Jim .




Read more discussions :