Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Has the laws changed on how long you can cover your children on your health insurance


Has the laws changed on how long you can cover your children on your health insurance?
I've been told you can now cc until they turn 22 even if they are not in school, unless they have a full time job and their own insurance. I'm not sure if this is only for certain insurance companies or if it is across the board. I'm going to contact my husband's insurance but before I do I was wondering if anyone here knew the answer... Thanks! One other thing, my son dropped out of school and is turning 18 this month - is he done on our insurance at that time? Thanks!
Insurance - 3 Answers



Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No they must be a full time student
2 :
Laws vary by state, however most that allow young adults to be added to their parents policy are for un-married dependent children,
3 :
It depends on your state. Insurance is largely regulated at the state level.
4 :
No federal law has changed, but check with your state.





Read more discussions :