Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Question about Fidelis Health Insurance



Question about Fidelis Health Insurance?
I will be 19 in two days. And apparently My Fidelis Child Health Care Insurance is ending. I understand that, but I am a student in college and live with my parents. I heard that that fact should mean something in the continuation of my insurance. Does anyone know? 
Insurance - 2 Answers


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You're mixing apples and oranges. The new law says after September 23rd of this year, IF you have insurance through your parent's employer, THEY cannot drop you due to age. But that's not what you have. You have stand alone child welfare health insurance through your state Children's Health Insurance Program. That flat out stops the day you turn 19. Period. You have to apply for adult welfare health insurance, Medicaid, to continue to get welfare health insurance after you're 19. Sorry.
2 :
If your insurance company covers adult children in college, you will need to send them proof that you are a full-time student. Either get the form from them if they have one or get a letter from the registrar at your school stating your student status. You need to do this every year BEFORE it lapses.




Read more discussions :