Tuesday, February 28, 2012

should i be concerned about my and my children's health if my husband becomes a tattoo artist


should i be concerned about my and my children's health if my husband becomes a tattoo artist?
My husband is looking to start an apprenticeship in a tattoo parlor. Hes an artist but he wants to take his art to another level. What my concern is that we have 4 small children in the house and Im scared that since hes going to be in contact with skin and some blood he might catch some air bone illness or harm full bacteria that may get the children or even me sick! What are the odds...He says Im being to paranoid. I just want my children to be safe.
Tattoos - 6 Answers



Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Wow, try some communication so you can become better informed. Knowledge is power
2 :
You're paranoid. Although tattoo shops look dirty, you'd be surprised at how clean they are. I can't remember what magazine it was, but I read most are cleaner than fast food kitchens.
3 :
In his apprenticeship, one of the most broad and important topics taught will be cleanliness and safety - both for the piercer & "piercee." Piercing has come such a long way in terms of health and sterilization, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. So long as he keeps gloves on and clean hands underneath, that's essentially the only part of him that will come in contact with anyone else.
4 :
I'm a tattoo artist/piercer and trust me, health and cleanliness is the biggest priority in reputable tattoo shops. First of all, your husband isn't even going to be tattooing for a while if he's just starting an apprenticeship. He's going to be doing things like talking to customers, cleaning the shop, setting up equipment, etc. Second of all, when/if he does start tattooing, cleanliness is a huge issue. The area of the body that the client is getting tattooed is cleaned thoroughly. The tattoo artist wears gloves and in some shops, a mask. Tattoo artists wash their hands before and after every client. And all needles and equipment are sterilized, and disposed after each client. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. Good tattoo shops pride themselves on things like this.
5 :
I feel sorry for him... Your reason is the same excuse the government has been using to take away our freedoms. God help him if he decides to get into firearms. Stick with what you know, your soccer practice van and CNN
6 :
There isn't a chance of passing an air borrn illness in a tattoo shop accept for maybe the common cold. You should be more worried about him possibly getting a skin infection. But the chances of your children or you getting sick from that are next to nothing. Tattoo shops have changed over the years, most of them have become cleaner and have to follow the rules of the local health department when it comes to disposing equipment and cleaning. If any thing he should look into getting vaccinated for Hepatitis and I'm sure he isn't going to be careless enough to bring any thing home with him that could make you or your children sick.




Read more discussions :