Friday, April 4, 2008

if im ordered to provide health insurance for my child, will the weekly amount my employer charges be credit



if im ordered to provide health insurance for my child, will the weekly amount my employer charges be credit?
say im paying 100 a week for child support, but the mother wants me to provide insurance as well, it will cost me 30 dollars a week to add my child, will the court count that as a credit and deduct 30 from the 100? 
Law & Ethics - 3 Answers


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
They will not count that as support. If the courts did not tell you, you were responsible for the insurance on your child. I would go back to court to get this all straightened out. I am not saying do not take care of your child. Obviously you need to do that. But take care of yourself as well. 
2 :
It depends on what is stipulated in your child support order. If the order says you are to pay $100 a week in support AND provide insurance for the child - then the two are seperate entities. If the support order does not stipulate to the insurance issues, and this is something the mother is asking for aside from child support then I suggest you take it back to court and get an agreement in writing as to what is paid to whom. If you just start shorting checks by $30 then you could end up in arrears on child support.
3 :
No, the health insurance is separate from the support.





Read more discussions :