Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What can a person do for health insurance when pregnant


What can a person do for health insurance when pregnant?
I was recently fired, and now I am pregnant. Since I now have a much lower income what are my options for cheaper or free health insurance? I know theirs medicaid I was wonder if theirs any other options. Can any one help me out? I am freaking out about my unborn child's health.
Pregnancy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
get on medicaid. go to ur local health department. And u can also, sign up for wic
2 :
Contact your local pregnancy center. They will be able to help you with your options as some programs may be state wide and specific to your area. Call 1-800-395-HELP and explain that you're looking to find out your insurance options because of your job. They will listen to you and be able to advise you on what you can do. The number is staffed 24/7 and their name is OptionLine and they are a U.S. wide pregnancy center number. All the best. :)
3 :
You can buy Cobra insurance for up to 18 months through your company HR dept. You could go to a low income community clinic or public health service where they will only charge you a nominal fee based on your income. If you are very low income and pregnant you might get Medicaid for pregnancy in your state. Check with your county social services.





Read more discussions :