Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Help deciding a career?...health/child care


Help deciding a career?...health/child care?
Hi, I'm 19 (nearly 20) I live in the UK & currently am in my 2nd year of university studying social science. I'm not sure what I want to do after though, I wouldn't mind doing a post-grad degree it would just be a case of finding an appropriate one. I have an interest in pregnancy, birth & young children, I have considered becoming a midwife but I don't know... seems very scary?! having to administer drugs, take blood, etc etc I don't know if I could do that, if I made a mistake someone could die??!! so I was wondering if there are other jobs which I just haven't heard of that involve caring for pregnant women or small children (babies/todlers?)... also I have considered becoming a nursery nurse, but the pay isn't all that great :S & it would be a waste of my time going to uni.
Health Care - 1 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
How about getting a BSW or MSW, this way you can work with mothers and children in need. Being a social worker is a very fulfilling, and stressful job. Explore your options, talk to a councellor at your university, as you know, its a difficult and important choice.




Read more discussions :