Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Health care for dependent child


Health care for dependent child?
I'm 22 and I'm currently a full time student and student teaching, meaning I am also unemployed at the moment. I am set to graduate in December, and my mom's health care is saying that they will still kick me off of the insurance because they are not "obligated to comply" with the new federal law. Is this legal? Is there anything I can do to get cheap insurance until I find another job after graduation? I live in CT, by the way.
Other - Politics & Government - 2 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should direct this question to you state Insurance Commission. In the meantime read this:
2 :
You dont have to get another insurance. Your mother's insurance company is wrong but you have to speak with someone else next time you call them. Your mother's insurance is looking at the old rules which does mean they can drop you at age 22 but the new law supercedes that as of September 23. You may have to be dropped then picked up again at a later date such as, at the policy renewal date or open enrollment date. There is no such thing as cheap health insurance. It is based on your age and other factors.



Read more discussions :