Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Insurance costs for people with only 1 child


Insurance costs for people with only 1 child?
In your state, how do insurance costs differ for people with only 1 child? Here in NY State, I was lucky enough to be eligible for Child Health Care Plus for my son. I am a single parent. I paid a small premium each month. I had insurance through my jobs that paid in full for single insurance but it cost a fortune for family coverage. What I thought was unfair was that people with 1 or 2 kids paid the same premium each month as those who had a slew of kids. I felt the cost should be staggered.
Insurance - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Regardless of the state where you live, rates are typically 4-tiered: single coverage 2 adults (employee + spouse) 1 adult + child(ren) family (married couple and child(ren)) Generally, you do not pay more or less depending on the number of children you have.
2 :
Are we talking about health insurance here?? Or insurance in general? I hear all the time, "Oh, my house is 13 feet from a hydrant, I deserve a lower rate than the guy who's house is 18 feet from a hydrant next door". But the truth of the matter is, it COSTS MONEY to set rates, and there has to be a cutoff somewhere. MOST companies have "individual", "family", "individual and spouse", "Individual and one child", so that the rates for family ARE more than one person and one child. But the bottom line is, health insurance is EXPENSIVE. Because you're pretty darned guaranteed to get at least 2-4 claims EVERY YEAR on it.



Read more discussions :