Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How can I get her health insurance for my wife? Is my child eligible to have insurance from the government


How can I get her health insurance for my wife? Is my child eligible to have insurance from the government?
Hi, I am from Saudi Arabia and my wife from Egypt. I am student F1 visa and she is not a student, she is F2 visa. We living in US none of as are US-citizens. She is pregnant and doesn't have health insurance. She will deliver in US on May 2011. How can I get her health insurance? Is my child will be eligible to have insurance from the government? Is he going to be US citizen? If yes, how can I get birth certification, passport, and social security number? Your support is appreciated Please helpe me Thanks
Newborn & Baby - 2 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Unfortunately, I don't think that you would be eligible for government insurance because you aren't a citizen. Your child, if born in the United States, would be a citizen, but likely wouldn't be eligible for government insurance because the new laws that were passed only really apply to children whose parents already have health insurance. One option is to get Medicaid for your child, but there is no guarantee you would be able to get it because it is for people under a certain income. You could also buy a basic health insurance plan for emergencies, but it would likely not cover much of the cost of your wife's pregnancy or labor unless you got a broader plan that costs more. You could shop around for some insurance companies, I know BlueCross/BlueShield is one that is almost everywhere in the US so that would probably be a good place to start, although be warned that they have absolutely awful customer service and don't really like to help out if you're having a problem. Good luck!
2 :
Call your Lawyer or talk to the insurance company





Read more discussions :