Sunday, March 20, 2011

Doctors, I need to write a text about children's health. Could you please help me


Doctors, I need to write a text about children's health. Could you please help me?
I have written the following: "Health is a precious good which should never be neglected. So, all children should have a balanced diet, practice exercize, sleep well and vaccinate themselves" What else should I state? And how could I develop the points above?
Other - Health - 1 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm not an M.D. myself, but I remember vaguely from health and science class and so on that some special considerations with children's health are 1) Less developed immune system than adults. That's why some diseases are more deadly in children than adults. For the same reason (I don't remember the details), children are more likely to recover from certain types of leukemia and cancers. And this is also why vaccination is a good idea (albeit, some additives/preservatives in some vaccines, MMR for instance, have been suggested to cause problems such as increases incidence of autism). 2)Children are still growing, and grow in spurts, so their nutritional requirements are quite different from adults. What kid has never heard of the dread cod liver oil? Australian children get Vegemite, a paste of yeast extract, hence they are called "happy little Vegemites". 3)Exercise and active play for children not only develop their muscles and coordination, but also their minds and socialization. You might argue more play, less study, especially for very small children (like under 10). And (just a minor point) don't let children vaccinate themselves. Leave that to the doctor or nurse. I would suggest you start looking at any popular manual on raising children. Lift stuff from that, but credit the source properly (to avoid plagiarism), then look at the suggested further reading (bibliography) of the book for more direct sources.




Read more discussions :