Sunday, March 1, 2009

Are health benefits considered part of child support in California? I pay for my 2 kids' benefits


Are health benefits considered part of child support in California? I pay for my 2 kids' benefits.?
My wife and I are trying to agree on a fair child support amount for our pending divorce. My 2 girls, ages 13 and 10 live with her approximately 70 percent of the time. I pay an additional $435 a month for health care benefits for my daughters above and beyond what my employer contributes. Does that amount relate to child support, having the effect of lowering my obligatory amount each month? My family and I live in the state of California.
Marriage & Divorce - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Contact a lawyer. All states are different.
2 :
If you have proof of the expense it should lower your child support. I would contact your local Child support office and ask for a review and submit all your proof when asked. let me know how it went
3 :
Go here... http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/california/ And type in your numbers. The amount of the insurance premium that YOU pay that covers the CHILDREN. So of coverage for you would be $200/month, you get to claim the extra $200 that provides coverage for the children. But use the support calcualtor and you can get a good idea.




Read more discussions :