Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I need advise about my unborn child and health coverage... HELP


I need advise about my unborn child and health coverage... HELP!?
We live in CA. I'm 32 weeks Pregnant (due oct 21 2009) I have a two and a half year old who is on the Healthy Families Program. Well as you may know HFP is not excepting new applicants. (so that leaves my unborn child with no coverage) Their father and I make too much for med-ical but not enough to get insurance through our work. It would cost me 350 a month just for me and my infant to be covered through my work and they don't have open enrollment anyway. I would have to wait until April 2010 to sign up. My question is, are there any other low cost insurance plans for infants out there in CA? Is anyone else in the same position as I am? If there is other people who's children are not covered what do you do when they need to see a Dr or need shots? HELP!
Pregnancy - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
When you have a life changing event, such as a birth or death in the family, insurance companies are required to open enrollment to you in order to allow you to enroll the child, or take off the deceased family member. This also goes for marriages and divorce. Talk to your benefits coordinator at work, or look into Chip. "Children's Health Insurance Plan", may be available in your area. We used it as kids living in San Jose CA, as our parents were in your same situation financially. I would also contact HFP and ask about other programs they may be affiliated with. If worst comes to worst, you may have to use your work's insurance for a while. You can always look into clinics as well. There are many low cost clinics, but they do have income requirements and you may not qualify. Good luck!
2 :
I think your newborn will be covered, you just have to add him to the plan. if not the hospital will give you options. If for some reason you don't get insurance there is a lot of low cost clinics for children.




 Read more discussions :