Monday, May 16, 2011

How to care for children with mental health or Disorders


How to care for children with mental health or Disorders?
My friend is going to take a test for a job and the job has to do with Taking care of chilren with Mental and Disorders and that is going to be on the test so she wnat to know. All kinds of mental disorders And Mental Retardation
Mental Health - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your question is some what ambiguous, please give more details, as I hire people do work with a child for many years now. I am the father of a developmentally disabled child. Edit note; One of the very first things I do, is check to insure that the person that is going to be with our son has no record of sex abuse. The second thing that I do is give them very fair warning that I will hurt them very badly if they do anything to him. I always ask if they have any experience with retarded people. I like it when they tell me they have a brother/sister with a like problem. I am less enthused about some one that has experience, we have had them, but we have to unlearn them and teach them how we do it. Tell your friend that she/he must realize that people like my son are just as unique as you or I. They should make sure that who ever does and interview with them that they say that they understand that each of these people are in fact unique and as such needs to be treated with thoughtfulness and respect. I would also advice your friend to up date or do an Initial CPR class before going to the interview, not a requirement but it would be a tie breaker. I would also ask why do they want to do this. If it is just for money I don't hire them. Mostly tell her to be herself
2 :
need more details





   Read more discussions :