Sunday, May 1, 2011

what health elective should I take for a mechanical engineering degree


what health elective should I take for a mechanical engineering degree?
I am forced to take a health class for some reason to recieve my 2 year engineering degree to be able to transfer and I don't know which class will loook the best on an engineering students transcript. Its between womens health, stress management, medical terminology, nutrition, child nutrition, drug use and abuse, and concepts of personal and community health. Do any of these courses have anything to do with engineering?
Engineering - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The first thing I would do is look at the school I am transferring to and see if they accept any of those classes for anything (the one I'm at wouldn't). If the higher level school doesn't accept any of those classes, you might want to consider not taking any of them. A lot of people don't get a associates degree if they know they're going to get their bachelor's (like me). I never got my associate's, I think I need one more elective but I just went straight to the higher level school. The only time an associate's degree is needed is if your not sure if you'll finish your bachelor's. I know that doesn't answer your question, but it might help.
2 :
Seriously take it from someone in the field you really want to take stress management. Cause nobody likes working with someone that's really stressed out, drinks or smokes too much to cope with the stress of everyday life. Yes stress management has a lot to do with being a working engineer in modern society. I do some recruiting for the organization I'm with and if I saw that you took medical terminology I'd kind of wonder why? But if you had taken stress manangement it would probably start up conversation about that which would lead to more of than interesting interview. Good Luck
3 :
I think one of the best classes you could take in this situation is a bio-medical engineering class. If your school doesn't offer one, see if they will accept transfer credit for it. Are you planning on continuing your education and pursuing a 4 year degree? If so, see if one of the schools you are thinking of applying to offers a biomedical class that you would be able to transfer into your current degree. If you end up going to school there you will probably be able to take an elective in place for it, if it's required. If you do well, it will show that you are able to succeed in the type of classes which that school offers. A definite resume booster.





  Read more discussions :