Sunday, April 8, 2012

Am I the only parent that didn’t give my child and I the H1N1 vaccines


Am I the only parent that didn’t give my child and I the H1N1 vaccines?
I still have concerns about it, my child is 3 years old with no health conditions what so ever, but she had the seasonal vaccine every year. What do you think?
Toddler & Preschooler - 16 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I refuse to give my baby the shot too, and myself. it hasn't been around long enough, and not tested well enough for me to risk.
2 :
I think it is a personal choice and that you need to do your research and weigh the risks specific to your child . . . you have opted not to do it, your child is healthy and we appear to be past the worst of the H1N1 cases. We did get our twins vaccinated - they are 16 months old, are in daycare for a few days a week, both my husband and I work in fields where we come into contact with a lot of people and most concerning, my daughter has a heart defect that makes any sort of respiratory infection extremely dangerous. We would rather chance the side effects than risk her catching H1N1 which could be fatal in her situation. Both are fine - they have had 2 doses of the seasonal and H1N1 without any reactions . . . it was the right choice for us. That is all you can do as a parent, be as educated as possible and try to make the right choice for your family. Best wishes. ETA - The H1N1 was as tested as the regular seasonal flu vaccine and based on the same technology. The recall was due to the vaccine being a little too weak in the children's dosages . . . and to be truly protected the child either needed a stronger dosage or 2 dosages a month apart - not that they were dangerous in any way and even if you had gotten a less potent dosage and contracted H1N1, the symptoms are thought to be more mild than without the vaccine.
3 :
why wouldn't you?flu vaccine are very tried , its idiotic to claim there are issues with a flu shot like H1N1 its a flu strain that killed possibly 100 million people after world war 1 a responsible parent would get their child immunized if H1N1 comes the seasonal vaccine wont help your dead child be a responsible parent and get your child immunized The CDC is confident in the safety of the H1N1 vaccine because it is very similar to the vaccine for the common flu, which has proven not to be dangerous to the majority of the population. The CDC currently recommends that pregnant women, caregivers, healthcare and medical personnel, be among the first to receive the 2009 H1N1 vaccine. Additionally recommended for vaccination are all people between the ages of 6 months and 24 years as well as people ages 25 to 65 with health conditions associated with medical complications from influenza. The inoculation also comes in the form of a nasal spray, which can be risky for pregnant women and people with chronic medical conditions.
4 :
i didnt
5 :
I didn't get the shot either, and my 3 kids (ages 2, 4, 6) didn't have it. My oldest actually got H1N1 a few months ago and it was really no big deal. She had a high fever for a couple days, no serious respiratory symptoms. I wouldn't worry too much about it if your child is relatively healthy.
6 :
You're definitely not the only one. There are thousands of parents who have chosen not to let their children have it. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have a 16 month old son. The H1N1 vaccine is offered to children under 5 years and pregnant women in the UK where we are... but we're not having it. Then again, we don't have the seasonal flu vaccine anyway. Part of my reasoning was if we don't have the seasonal flu vaccine anyway (it's not even offered to us), why would we have another flu vaccine? I may think differently if we had flu vaccines normally.
7 :
the main problem with all these vaccinations is that the parents get a choice I believe it should be law that all children get these lifesaving injections no matter what the parents say
8 :
My husband and I decided for my 6 month old son to not receive the H1N1. Our reseasons for our decision was, the H1N1 has not been out long so it hasnt been tested as good as other vaccines.
9 :
I didn't get it and refuse to give it to my child as well. If you recall a few weeks ago, there was actually a recall on a lot of those vaccines.
10 :
My daughter has all the routine vaccines, but doesnt have flu vaccines as they arnt on our routine vaccination lists in the UK - no babies have them unless specially requested i didnt give the swine flu vaccine - its a new vaccine and you dont fully know the long term effects no-one i know has had swine flu, and i hardly take my daughter random places, around random people in my situation i think because we dont know the reprucussions of the vaccine and noone around me has ever had swine flu - i think its more of a risk than a benefit, unecesarry risk
11 :
I refuse to get it either. It came out much too fast and then to boot 800,000 doses of it were recalled for failure to work properly. If it was so "problem free" then why did they recall so much or for that matter, any at all?? While normally I am on board with vaccines for my child, this is one that we took a pass on. It has too many "ifs" in my mind to take the chance.
12 :
We have been invited to go next week and I asked for opinions on here aswell as doing research myself. The bigger percentage on here advised me not to, it is something I have thought and thought about and have decided against doing it. I have a 2 yr old and 4 yr old (the elder 2 have n't been invited for it yet). My 4 yr old has autism and doesn't speak so would be unable to tell us if he felt poorly after the jab, we live in a quite remote part of North Yorkshire so I am going keep an ear out but not vaccinate. It was the toughest decision so far!
13 :
I didn't get the vaccine for me or my daughter. I felt that it was so new on the market, and that there was not enough research done on this vaccine! Also, for the past 3 years, I have always gotten the seasonal flu shot, and ALWAYS ended up with the flu. My doctor advised me not to get anymore flu vaccines, and that I had a good chance of passing that on to my daughter. So we are very careful on what vaccines we put in our bodies!!!
14 :
nope....we arent getting it
15 :
No, I know several families who are not getting the vaccine, including mine. Read this article I wrote for information on how to protect you and your family from the vaccine without the vaccination: http://www.ehow.com/how_5834182_keep-familly-safe-h1n1-virus.html
16 :
My family became immune to H1N1 the all natural, mercury free way, before the vaccine came out. (Not that we would have ever gotten the vaccine, anyway). My 6 year old and I were sick for a few days. My husband and 2 year old didn't get sick at all.





Read more discussions :