Monday, September 24, 2012

Can child support be given directly to the child in NYS


Can child support be given directly to the child in NYS?
I'm 19 years old (20 in March) and my father is the cutodial parent. My mother pays child support and takes care of my health insurance. I live in an apartment and go to school, and my paternal grandmother pays for all of this. I want my child support to ease my grandmother's burden. My father pays for next to NOTHING for me, EVER. Is there a way I can get my mother's child support directly? We live in New York State. Outside of Niagara Falls.
Marriage & Divorce - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Actually, Nicole, yes it can. Once you establish your own place BUT remain in school (keep that in mind), the child support can go to you. Call your local child support unit and explain the situation to them. They will be able to direct you on what to do and how to do it. Good luck to you. FYI- they (your parents) are responsible for you until you are 21 as long as you are a student and don't work full time.
2 :
What was said above is correct. That's from 20 years as a fathers rights advocate.





Read more discussions :