Thursday, September 20, 2012

I can save money by placing my child on an individual health plan, but my company says I cannot make changes


I can save money by placing my child on an individual health plan, but my company says I cannot make changes.?
Are there any loopholes? My daughter and myself are currently on the plan. My wife is on a health plan through work. I pay $350/month have my duaghter on the plan. I found a plan on www.GamePlanInsurance.com for about $50/month for my daughter. How can I or can I remove my daughter from my group plan????
Insurance - 6 Answers
 
 
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most health insurance plans have an "election period", usually once a year. During that election period, you can elect what you want for your insurance plan. Then, you can't change it until the next election period. The only loophole I know of for this is if you have "life changing circumstances" - for instance, you get married, change jobs, have a child, get divorced, and that kind of thing.
2 :
You will probably have to wait until the next open enrollment period. There are sometimes "change of life" clauses that allow you to make adjustments.
3 :
That's silly. Did work say that or the health care company? When it gets renewed add her.
4 :
You'll have the right to drop her coverage from your work plan at any time (they can't force you to keep covering the child if you don't need the child on the group plan). You can't ADD the child when you want though. You do have to wait for open enrollment for that.
5 :
I agree with "markmywords"
6 :
Generally you cant make changes to your plan unless its a life event. Divorce, new baby, etcc. Except during open enrollment. $50 bucks a month sounds a bit ridiculous. There is no way they will be able to pay claims with such low premiums. Think about how often kids go to doctors.... Where will they get the money? Do some investigative work before you make any changes.




Read more discussions :