Thursday, May 8, 2008

If the father of your child did drugs, will that take effect on the child's growth and health


If the father of your child did drugs, will that take effect on the child's growth and health?
Ok well the father of my child was/is a pretty big druggie. He did pot, weed, ecstasy, and a lot of other things I probably don't know about. Well in result of all of that he's really skinny he's like 5'10 and he weighs 129 or something idk he's just skinny. I am 5'6 and I weigh 125 and people tell me I am too skinny for my height , but I do not think so. Anyways based on all of this is there a possibility the child will have health problems or trouble growing in height or will he/she be like a child that is born under weight and has problems gaining weight? It just hit me like 2 days ago that something like that could happen and I am really scared. 
Adolescent - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you are not too skinny, im 5'3 and 99 pounds.no worries=) and no that cannot effect you
2 :
Sperm quality in drug users can be diminished as a result of drug use - the risk there is of miscarriage and not so much growth/learning issues. I'm unsure of whether you have already given birth to your child or not, but a successful pregnancy is usually a good sign that your child will be just fine.
3 :
no
4 :
You're not too skinny for your height at all...you're perfect, same height but bigger than me and there's no way I'm too skinny. So don't worry that your weight will have any impact on the baby, just make sure you eat healthily. So long as you've not touched drugs or been around your partner while he's been taking them then there's only a very slim chance that his drug taking will have any effect on your child (you would have had more chance of not concieving or having an early miscarriage with "druggie sperm" but long term problems with the baby aren't really associated with fathers drug use) But a baby really shouldn't be born into an environment like that so please, urge him to get help before little one is born. Good luck! x




Read more discussions :