Saturday, November 1, 2008

I need good health insurance for my child


I need good health insurance for my child?
Hey Everyone, I am wondering if anyone knows any good health insurances for Children. My son is 11 mons and his medical insurance is expiring soon and i am seeking new Insurance. The fact that my son is on my mothers insurance (United health care) I don't know whether i would like to stay with them or find someone cheaper? My mother pays 300 dollars a month for 4 peoples insurance (Due to the fact she gets benefits from her job) So does anyone know any reasonabled price insurance for JUST my child. My budget is 0-150 a month for single. I DO NOT wish to get medicaid or any medicaid orientated insurances due to the fact i am not eligible and i am not able see his current pediatrics. Does anyone know if AETNA is any good? or any other insruances?
Insurance - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
United Healthcare, Aetna, BlueCross BlueShield, all of them are good companies. My best advice is find a Broker who can compare actual rates, not extra low rates often seen on generic websites. Some states have insurance available through DHS, but it is not Medicaid. Tennessee has a program called Cover Kids. It's not Medicaid, but coverage for children who do not have insurance. Other states have similar programs. If you are in Tennessee or Virginia, you can go to www.northamericaninsurers.com to look up rates and types of coverage through four different companies. Hope it helps!
2 :
You also have to decide on the type of plans. PPO's usually have deductibles that you must meet prior to some of the insurance to kick in, and many have caps on the amount of coverage you will receive when its an individual plan. If you go for an HMO, they usually balance between co-pays and a certain percentage, but they have their limits as well. If you're looking for something affordable until you can afford the best care, I would suggest a discount program. They offer substantial savings on healthcare costs, and if your provider is not on their directory you can refer them and the company will contact them to be added, it costs them nothing. You can check it out at www.mybenefitsplus.com/trhonda2000. Hope this helps, Trhonda



 Read more discussions :