Monday, December 20, 2010

Can health and welfare take out more than half of a fathers paycheck for child support


Can health and welfare take out more than half of a fathers paycheck for child support?.?

Marriage & Divorce - 5 Answers



Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on what state you live in. I know in Utah they can take 25% of your gross pay.
2 :
Your question is confusing. Is the state going after him for public assistance benefits received, or is the state filing a child support case against him? Either way, each state has its own guidelines, but it's generally this maximum for child support: Single noncustodial parent with no arrears in child support: 60% Single noncustodial parent with arrears: 65: Married/parent with another dependent with no arrears: 50% Married/have another dependent with arrears: 55% I'll try to find the website that supports my percentages. Those are for WA.
3 :
No they can't. They can only take up to 50%.
4 :
No they can not unless you are in the arrears. Even then they will only take 50 percent. Usually the maximum is 25 to 30 percent depending on how many children their are.
5 :
It all depends on what your ex makes. I pay 60 to 40 according to the state...it sucks but it is what it is. She gets my money, I help pay her mortgage, heat, ac, food for my son, and I get nothing. Up to a third of my check is gone every month while she gets my money...plus hers...





Read more discussions :