Tuesday, January 4, 2011

does step father need to provide health insurance for step child


does step father need to provide health insurance for step child?
His company is doing a health insurance audit. Now they want documentation from the court stating that he is responsible to provide insurance. How and where would I get such documentation? I was never married to my daughters father. We decided what was best amongst ourselves put it on paper and notorized it. My daughters father would pay for private education and I would pay for the rest. Now that I am married to her step father the insurance company wants clarification that the step father has to provide insurance.
Family - 3 Answers


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That would be listed on his Mother's Divorce Decree from the child's father. If they were never married, then it would be listed on documents in the Child Support Case. I don't think he needs to provide health insurance for the step child, he might be able to though. Before I had insurance through my employer my husband, (my child's step father) carried insurance for all of us. I had to give his employer/insurance company a copy of my divorce decree showing the insurance arrangements. Ours states that both parties need to carry insurance if it's reasonably affordable. So since it wasn't available to me then that meant he had to carry it because he was my husband and was the one who was providing insurance for our family. I just gave them a copy and there were not any issues.
2 :
healthquotes.awardspace.info - here is my health insurance plan. As I remember they can provide such a service.
3 :
he can carry insurance on the minor child as long as you the mother is responsible to do so which in case you were never married so yes the man you are married to is legally your husband and step father so it is his right to do so i mean if the military will cover insurance for step children than no out side company should have any say so as long as your husband pays a co pay and monthly charges through the company this should not be asked of him to show proof i would take birth certificate and marriage license and say heres your proof and ask what else is needed




Read more discussions :