Saturday, July 16, 2011

is it possible to lower child support if I have an older child living with me from my first marriage


is it possible to lower child support if I have an older child living with me from my first marriage?
Can i get my child support lowered if I have custody of my older child and he lives with me from my first marriage. he has special needs and I am paying private health insurance for both children.
Law & Ethics - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
They go by your income. Aren't you receiving support for the older child? Seriously if you can't afford the one you have why do you go on to have another? Totally unfair to the younger child.
2 :
In Connecticut you cant............You have same responsibility to other child.
3 :
You are going to have to go back to court to request a review of your family situation.
4 :
Yes. call dss(child support) in the county for which the case has been herd. You have a case worker. Plus You can go to the clerk of court and file you own modifications. I did this because I have to pay on 16 year old Plus I have custody of a new one year old. . Be honest . When you go to court, have pay stub, proof of how much monthly yo pay on ins. They will calculate it for you . Dss will tell you there here for the client. But its their duty to also work with father for modification. Hope this helps





   Read more discussions :