Sunday, October 16, 2011

Do you think putting my child on daycare is right at the time when the swine flu gets worse


Do you think putting my child on daycare is right at the time when the swine flu gets worse?
Is putting my child (that is 2yrs. old, No health problems) in a day care the right thing now that the flu season especially with the swine flu getting worse is coming soon. What do you think? Can this affect my son?
Infectious Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your child will be exposed to a thousand and one illnesses throughout his life. You can't protect him from everything. Do I think that the approaching flu season and what with swine flu, this can affect your son? I'd be an idiot liar if I said "Oh, of course not!" Come on, be real. Of course it can affect your son! Did you really have to ask? WILL it affect your son? I'd have no way to know with 100% certainty. Any time people gather in close quarters for extended periods of time, there's always an increased likelihood for disease transmission. It goes with the territory. This is an unavoidable fact of life. If it were my son who was 2 years old again, I'd put him in day care and I did just that BEFORE he was 2. But this is a decision that no one can make for you.
2 :
That's for you to answer. All I can do is give food for thought. There are numerous potential problems that could occur, including contaction of the swine flu. Did you check the daycare out to see if you think it's a good place? Have you looked into more than one daycare? Have you considered other options, like sharing responsibility for caring for your son with your husband in the household?





   Read more discussions :