Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mothers: Did you worry excessively about your unborn child possibly having health concerns


Mothers: Did you worry excessively about your unborn child possibly having health concerns?
Hi guys, sorry I keep on asking all these random questions but this is one of my only resources right now. I'm 18 and pregnant and really freaked out about what to expect-- Lately I'm really getting too wrapped up in thinking about whether my boyfriend or I have any genes that could cause or baby to have any physical or mental defects...I'm paranoid that if I even eat the wrong thing once that my baby has a huge risk of this.... I don't know what I would do if that were to happen, I know the right thing to do would be to accept my responsibility but what if I couldn't....? What if WE couldn't.... Sorry I'm just really tired and getting myself all worked up >_<!
Pregnancy - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I wished I could have an ultrasound everyday! I worried my butt off, which is NO good for you or baby. You'll know if something is wrong, and if there is going to be some sort of disability with the baby, you'll most likely know well before the birth. What I got for my worries was this heartbeat thing at toys r us, it rests on your belly and u can listen to the heartbeat whenever you want.
2 :
I didn't really worry about any genes my husband or I might have but I did worry that I might cause something to happen by something I did. I remember calling my doctor's office numerous times about this and that and they would ask me some questions and always ended up telling me that everything was fine. Try not to worry too much. Good luck! : )
3 :
Had the same concern when I was pregnant with my baby. One of my dads brothers is mentaly retarted and my niece was born with autism and adhd! So when I was pregnant I hoped nothing would be wrong with my son. It really scared me to think someone thing could be wrong. All his tests came back ok and he was perfectly fine when he was born. Every mother has those concerns and it's only normal. Just don't stress out on it cuz it's nothing big. Even if there is something wrong it's not gonna make a difference on how much u r gonna love him or her.
4 :
It is normal and natural to worry about your unborn child. Try not to worry though, any problems are usually picked up by your health professional. Ultrasounds are a great relief to see your little one growing and thriving, but for most people they are few and far between. In Australia there are blood tests at around 12 weeks screening for DNA and other disorders along with ultrasound and also the usual 18-20 diagnosis ultrasound. I am grateful my obstetrician has an ultrasound machine in her room, so every appointment except one, i have been lucky enough to see my baby. Im currently 37 weeks pregnant, and i have been lucky enough to see my bubs once a month, now twice a month. It has been great reassurance for me. keep your chin up, try to worry less even though that's hard, follow what you know is good for you and your child, research and always ask questions to be on the safe side, people are always willing to help/answer. Good luck.
5 :
My fiance thinks I drive my self insane worrying about the babies health. I have a very low appetite so i have a huge fear the baby will be tiny and undernourished. Even though my midwife keeps telling me my bub is growing perfect. I wish I was a millionaire and could afford my own ultrasound lol. Dont worry it is normal to have fears, the likely chance is your bub will be perfect. Congratulations on the little one!
6 :
Not really,cause i requested to see a gene-ologist really early in pregnancy(like 15 weeks). I have medicaid so they were happy to cover it. And when you see a gene-ologist you get a LOT more ultrasounds (im 36 weeks and iv had like 5-7 when most women have about 3)! its awsome! i also concieved at 18 (im 19 now) and i know how easy it is to worry. If you can request to see one,it'll make you feel sooooo much better!




Read more discussions :