Thursday, November 24, 2011

Confusing Mental Health Case Involving CHILD CUSTEDY I'M the 16 Year old child PLEASE HELP I'M DESPERATE


Confusing Mental Health Case Involving CHILD CUSTEDY I'M the 16 Year old child PLEASE HELP I'M DESPERATE!
Ok my mom is a paranoid schizophrenic and had a relapse a few months ago and my parents are divorced with joint custedy and so my dad got really paranoid thinking my mom would kill me or something so he went and got TEMPORARY sole custedy and so my mom is better now and is on her meds and has a probation thing with the mental health place she's going to which means she has to go there for a year and when my mom went down to try to make a new hearing with my dad so she can see me again they said she couldn't and that the judge wouldn't change the custedy thing for a year and i found out that my mom has another case with a different court for her probation thing so my question is: IS THE REASON WHY MY MOM CAN'T MAKE A NEW HEARING BECAUSE SHE HAS TO GET THE PROBATION CASE OUT OF THE WAY FIRST EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CASES?? PLEASE I'M A DESPERATE 16 YEAR OLD GIRL AND MY MOM IS MY BEST FRIEND AND I HAVEN'T SEEN HER IN 5 MONTHS AND I DON'T WANNA WAIT A WHOLE YEAR :( I'm not exactly sure why my mom was put on probation. She was really out of it at the time and I am allowed to talk to her on the phone and i asked her about it and she didn't really say anything. My 16th b-day was a few days ago and i asked my dad if i could see her just for a little bit and if he supervised and he said no and i really don't think my dad wants me to have supervised visitation even if the judge said it would be ok. It just really frusterates me that she's on her meds now and stable and i can't even see her because of all this stupid court crap
Mental Health - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes the unsettled cases must be taken care of. There must have been major problems to make the custody order change. The court ruled under those cirumstances, your welfare was of utmost concern and being with your dad was the only option. Life can seem very unfair but her not dealing with her problem is what has you in this position. Sorry, I know ya miss her lots. You might ask to go visit her, or maybe a phone call or by letter.
2 :
What else did your mom do that caused her to be on probation? If it was related to physical abuse, drugs, theft, etc., the judge would think she would be a risk to your safety and not change the custody orders. But you should still have a few options here. By the time a child is 16, the courts usually take the child's wishes into consideration. Your mom might qualify for supervised visitation with you. A chaperone would come with you on your visit with her to make sure you are safe. If your mom doesn't have a order of protection against her (for you or your dad), there is no reason why you can't ask your dad to meet your mom at a restaurant and sit a few tables away from you and your mom, so you can talk with her. Did child protective services get involved in your case? If they did, it might complicate your case a little. But even kids that are removed from their homes and placed with foster parents can eventually get supervised visits with their birth parents. Also, please know that you may not know all of the facts. Your dad may be trying to protect you from certain details, to protect your feelings.
3 :
Sometimes best friends (and Mom's) get separated from you, for many different reasons. It sounds like some of these things are out of your control. Could you perhaps write a letter to the court asking that your Mom be granted supervised visits? If they won't agree to that, perhaps there is a way to communicate with your Mom even if you can't see her. Can you phone, or write letters, send gifts, make her a scrapbook? If you keep really busy, a year can go by faster. I think it is really nice that you are so close with your Mom. Also try having some conversations with your Dad without letting anger seep into things. That could be hard! Sorry I don't have any legal answers, but maybe someone else on here does. I imagine this is hard for your Mom too, so take some pictures of yourself for her if you can. Good luck!
4 :
Maybe show your dad what you have written so he might be able to know how you are feeling.If he knows how you are feeling he may understand how important your relationship with your mum is to you and with all the legal stuff leave that to your parents to sort out.I hope things work out for the best for you. Lots of luck.
5 :
i agree with the nurse i feel really bad for you maybe you can talk to your dad about visiting with her in a place that is in the open i no it it hard to stay with your dad and you love your mom i hope there is a way you can see her bc i bet she would like to see you
6 :
unfortunately in any mental health situation that has been taken to court and involves custody of a child the probation must be met with first so the court can determine whether or not she's stable enough to take care of you and not suffer another major relapse. I know it sucks, i've had kids that i've worked with go through it and it breaks my heart. Pray daily, write your mom letters and let her know you're there to support her no matter what. I hope all goes well. God Bless. Contact me if you need anything at all!




  Read more discussions :