Thursday, June 12, 2008

Since Obama sharply raised the Cigarette tax to pay for Child's Health Care, should we all smoke


Since Obama sharply raised the Cigarette tax to pay for Child's Health Care, should we all smoke?
Or should those who smoke keep on smoking since it's paying for universal Children's Health Care? Basically, what would Jesus want you to do? you're not supposed to raise the taxes of people with kids, you're supposed to lower them. Because it's kids ya know. lol yes Obama smokes, so at least he isn't being a hypocrite. 
Religion & Spirituality - 16 Answers







Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
could you stop if you wanted to? thanks for paying for kids health care.
2 :
The children need to start smoking, for 2 reasons: 1 - they are the ones benefiting from this tax 2 - it will create more children's health care needs
3 :
Jesus would want us all to stop smoking, stop making cigarettes, and take the money you spend on cigarettes and donate it to some charity.
4 :
If everyone who smokes quit, the money our health care system would save in medical costs related to smoking would fund greater services to children, and everyone really.
5 :
Smoke! Choke! Die!
6 :
He should put that tax on liquor as well. Alcohol is always ignored when it harms society just as much with drunk drivers.
7 :
this is such a stupid question....smoking is for losers,,,that all there is to it
8 :
ugh... despite the fact that I know it would help pay for something like that, I really wish I never started smoking.
9 :
I quit, but not because of that. It's simply not fair to make a consumer of a certain product shoulder the burden of so much of our nation's taxes. I'd revolt if enough people would rise up with me.
10 :
Couldn't care less, like a lot of others on R&S I don't live in America.
11 :
Nope, we shouldn't. I don't know what Jesus would do, but if I see him, I will be sure to ask.
12 :
I knew as a smoker I was making this country a better place. Now I have to go smoke a cigarette.
13 :
I've been smoking my a** off to pay for other people's kids already! Why don't they raise the taxes for people that HAVE kids? I chose not to have any yet my lungs are paying the price. Not fair! Btw cigarette taxes support much more than child healthcare such as education, if we would all stop smoking the tax system would have to be trippled all across the board. Yes their cute little kids but they're not MINE!lol
14 :
I can't say what Jesus would want us to do for sure but I think he would be happier if they legalized marijuana(it's natural) taxed it and used that to help children....and well they would make a lot of money so it would help more than just the children:)
15 :
If people took all the money they spent on cigarettes and put to into the Child's Health Care system then Obama wouldn't need to tax Ciggs. IMO, he's killing two birds with one stone by discouraging smoking with high taxes in an economic crisis and putting the money towards kids health. EDIT: The irony is, Obama is/was a heavy smoker.
16 :
i think that this is a way of getting people to stop smoking so much while aiding children's health care with the money from the raised tax. so with the raised taxes, hopefully this will make it harder for people to fund their nasty habit, and the money spent by those who make the air harder to breathe for all of us will go towards a worthy cause that will really help our nation








Read more discussions :