Sunday, June 1, 2008

I need health insurance for me and my unborn child


I need health insurance for me and my unborn child.?
I am 3 months pregnant and have no health insurance. Should I apply for medicaid only or is there something else I can try to get as well? 
Pregnancy - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Apply for medicaid for sure.
2 :
go apply for medicaid... i was on MC+ for pregnant women... if you have no health insurance you need something so you can get to the doctors.
3 :
medicaid, WIC, food stamps
4 :
You should apply for Medicaid. The worst that can happen is that they will not approve you. You will have a hard time finding insurance that will cover you and your pregnancy at this stage of the game. Most companies will consider your baby a "pre-existing condition." You may be able to get just the baby covered under Medicaid. That way at least part of the hospital bills will be paid. And you can work out a payment plan for the rest. That's what I had to do with my second child.
5 :
should have thought about that b4 putting your babies health at risk...I mean what do yall be thinking...you want to rely on the gov geesh...why have a baby if you are not financially ready.
6 :
As for Medicaid, it depends on how much you make. Everyone told me "they can't deny you if you're pregnant." Well in my state (NM) they can, we make way too much. A lot of insurance companies have 6 month maternity clauses which prevent us pregnant girls from getting insurance with them OR they consider pre-existing. I would check out Medicaid and see if you qualify though, you don't pay for a thing. It makes me mad bc we pay all of these tax dollars and can't get any help when it comes to this, yet our tax dollars go to a lot of these women who are unemployed and get pregnant and get a totally free ride bc of it. Good luck. EDIT: Thumbs down bc I'm stating the truth? Wow, whoever gave me that is probably the unemployed woman getting a free ride, you think?
7 :
I went to my county's job and family services and applied. Make sure you take 3 recent pay stubs if you work, social security card, and an i.d. They approved me for medicaid and then had me choose one of three different providers a couple of months later. Caresource is the one I chose, and I have had no problems with it. Just make sure when you choose a doctor they accept patients with it, because once you choose, you have to wait a year or so to switch. Good luck!
8 :
I just came across this website, you may find many useful information on health insurance quotes, hopefully may help you: http://all-health-insurance-quotes.blogspot.com





Read more discussions :